- New Browns HC Hue Jackson said of Johnny Manziel: “That behavior will not be tolerated as we move forward. Our organization is going to take a stand.” (Mike Garafolo)
- Jackson make it clear that “we will come out of this draft with a quarterback, I can guarantee you that.” Although, it may not be at No. 2 overall. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Regarding their impending free agents, Jackson said: “I would love to keep them all but they have to want to stay.” He also added that he’s had great conversations with them. (Nate Ulrich)
- Jackson of their approach to the offseason: “We will be very disciplined in free agency, use it to supplement draft.” (Scott Petrak)
- Jackson didn’t rule out the possibility of using either their franchise or transition tag before the March 1 deadline. (Nate Ulrich)
- Joel Corry mentions that Bengals free agent receivers Marvin Jones or Mohamed Sanu come to mind as potential options for the Browns in free agency.
- Other Bengals free agents that could make sense for Cleveland, according to Corry, include RT Andre Smith and S Reggie Nelson. This is, of course, in the event Mitchell Schwartz and Tashaun Gipson depart in free agency.
- Buccaneers GM Jason Licht told reporters that they aren’t looking to trade backup QB Mike Glennon: “I’m not going to give Mike Glennon away, I’ll tell you that.” (Kevin Patra)
- Keim said he would love to keep RB Andre Ellington long-term, but he has to show he can be durable. (Darren Urban)
- Keim mentioned that “Chris (Johnson) is a guy we will look at” bringing back in 2016. (Tom Rock)
- According to Joel Corry, a free agent to watch for the Cardinals could be Colts TE Coby Fleener, given that he has previously worked with HC Bruce Arians.
Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said that they were looking to draft a running back last year, but things just didn’t work out for them.
“We were after a running back,” Jones said, via the Star-Telegram. “It’s just you know it didn’t fall that way for us. It’s always easy to say after the fact, ‘Well, that guy you could have picked him, because he was still on the board rather than [third-round tackle] Chaz Green, or you could have picked this guy.’ That’s easy in hindsight. But we did have backs that we were targeting who just weren’t there when we were ready to pick.”
Interestingly enough, Jones mentioned that they thought they could get Thomas Rawls as an undrafted rookie free agent, but he wound up signing on with the Seahawks.
“We thought we had a heck of a chance to get him,” Jones said. “If you want to hindsight yourself to death: Should we have used one of those sevenths on him? Probably so. We liked him, but we really thought we could get him.”
- Brandon George points out that the Cowboys should have around $12 million in cap space work with this offseason, but could boost that figure to around $24 million by restructuring LT Tyron Smith and DL Tyrone Crawford‘s contracts.
- Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said they will meet with the agent for LB Rolando McClain at the combine regarding a contract. (Todd Archer)
- Titans GM Jon Robinson didn’t rule out the possibility of trading their No. 1 overall and said that whatever decision they make, it’s imperative they come out a better team. (George Bremer)
- Robinson stressed that it’s important to keep the quarterback upright so he can throw, which implies that they could consider an offensive tackle at No. 1 overall. (Terry McCormick)
- Robinson believes they’ll have trade options for their No. 1 overall pick. (Jim Wyatt)
- On whether there are impact players to consider at No. 1, Robinson said: “There’s a handful of players… That could be a couple, depending how big your hands are.” (Jason Wolf)
- Robinson said of Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil: “Good athlete blocked a lot of good football players. Looking forward to getting to know him a bit.” (Paul Kuharsky)
- Regarding this year’s draft class, Robinson said there’s good depth at DL and OL some good receivers available as well. (Paul Kuharsky)
- Joel Corry suggests Buccaneers free agent RB Doug Martin as a notable free agent who could make sense for the Titans.