- Jason La Canfora reports that the Browns are worried they could miss out on tight ends Jordan Cameron and Charles Clay when all is said and done.
- According to La Canfora, the Browns hadn’t made Cameron an offer for months, but they got desperate today
- Vic Carucci is hearing that the Browns aren’t a threat to sign Clay.
- Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times writes that the Buccaneers have some interest in Vikings RB Adrian Peterson, but “it’s moderate to below.”
- For what it’s worth, if Stroud were to put their interest on a scale of 1-10, it would probably be a five and possibly less.
“I’m happy to be with a team that got real close to the Super Bowl, with my boy ‘Dre. That’s a blessing. We’ve been playing football since we were little. I’m happy that we got a good opportunity to help a team that we feel is close. I look at it like, since Andrew Luck has been in the league, he took a step from a team that was 2-14. Once he got in there they went to the first round of the playoffs; then the second year, second round; then the third year, AFC Championships. You know, you look at that. I feel like when I’m there, and the way I’m going to try and play my behind off, I’m trying to do my best to help them get over the top.“
“We are very grateful to DeMarco Murray for his contributions to the Dallas Cowboys. He is a quality person, a very good football player, and a player that we wanted to keep.
“We have great appreciation for his skills, and if there was no salary cap in place, DeMarco would be a Cowboy. This came down to an allocation of dollars within the management of the salary cap.
“Obviously there is emotion involved in these decisions, but it is critical that there be must be discipline involved as well. If it were a question of having an open checkbook with no salary cap constraints, we all know things would have worked out differently.
“We have recently made significant commitments to top players who are currently on the team, specifically at key positions such as quarterback, left tackle and wide receiver, and we were comfortable with the offer that we made to DeMarco to include him in that structure.
- Ben Goessling mentions that he wouldn’t be shock to hear that the Vikings could make WR Cordarrelle Patterson available for trade, as he’s heard before that they would consider moving him.