- Josina Anderson reports that there have been discussions about Browns QB Robert Griffin III possibly returning to practice this week.
- Yesterday, Browns VP Sashi Brown said that RGIII is “on pace” to return this season.
- Greg Auman expects the Buccaneers to sign an offensive lineman to their practice squad in the coming days to add some depth now that they’ve sustained some injuries up front.
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said that nothing has changed in regards to CB Morris Claiborne and S Barry Church returning this season: “I expect them to be on the field for us this year.” (Jon Machota)
- In regards to Dak Prescott being the team’s starting quarterback, Jones said that Prescott won’t be looking over his shoulder, even with Tony Romo active. (Charean Williams)
- Jones didn’t rule out suspended DE Randy Gregory playing for the Cowboys again and offered a strange quote: “He’s our baby. He may be an ugly baby, but he’s our baby.” (Jon Machota)
Dolphins LT Branden Albert is visiting a hand specialist after he dislocated his wrist during Sunday’s win over the Chargers.
“Right now we’re going through the stages of having the hand specialist look at it just to make sure that no further damage can be done,” Dolphins HC Adam Gase said, via ESPN.com. “Obviously he’s very swollen right now. We’ve gotta just see how this week progresses.”
- Brian Costello of the New York Post believes the Jets should target an offensive-minded head coach with experience if/when they end up replacing Todd Bowles at some point.
- Costello believes Bowles is safe through next season but admits a poor finish this year could change everything.