Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Browns, Buccaneers, Packers, Redskins, Texans, & Vikings
NFL Notes: Browns, Buccaneers, Packers, Redskins, Texans, & Vikings
- Tony Grossi notes that Browns GM Ray Farmer will begin serving his four-game suspension for texting down to the coaching staff during games last season on Monday.
- Browns HC Mike Pettine told reporters that RB Isaiah Crowell has the edge to start over Terrance West for their Week 1 match up against the Jets. (Mary Kay Cabot)
- Buccaneers GM Jason Licht said he probably received about 12 calls today from teams shopping players and inquiring about some of their guys. (Jenna Laine)
- Packers DB Micah Hyde told reporters that all the tests on his neck came back negative. (Wes Hodkiewicz)
- Hyde added that he still has to speak with the team’s doctors, but “I feel like I’ll be ready to go” for Week 1. (Wes Hodkiewicz)
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden announced that QB Robert Griffin III (concussion) will see two doctors tomorrow, and could possibly be cleared to return after that.
- Texans third-string QB Tom Savage left Thursday’s preseason game with appeared to be a shoulder injury.
- After seeing a video of the injury, former NFL physician David Chao mentions that the concern for Savage is a broken clavicle, which could cost him around eight weeks to recover.
- Of course, there’s still a chance Savage has an AC joint sprain like Packers WR Randall Cobb sustained last week.
- Ben Goessling mentions that the Vikings have added a veteran lineman after final cuts each of the last two years, and he wouldn’t be surprised to seem them do it again this year.
Tags Isaiah Crowell Jason Licht Micah Hyde Ray Farmer Robert Griffin III Terrance West Tom Savage