- Following Sunday’s game, Browns HC Hue Jackson said of his decision to bench Cody Kessler for Josh McCown: “Cody’s still the quarterback. I took Cody out because I wanted a spark. … I wanted to try a veteran.” (Ian Rapoport)
- Mary Kay Cabot reports QB Robert Griffin III (shoulder, injured reserve) will undergo another scan in the “next couple of weeks.”
- Field Yates reports that the Buccaneers are paying WR Josh Huff $31,000 per week to be on their practice squad, which is close to the $36,000 he was making while on the Eagles’ active roster.
Michael Cohen has the injury settlement details for a few roster moves:
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden declared RB Rob Kelley their first-string running back for Sunday’s game against the Vikings. (Master Tesfatsion)
- JP Finley of CSN Mid-Atlantic reports that Redskins WR DeSean Jackson will Sunday’s game against the Vikings.
- Earlier in the day, Gruden mentioned that Jackson underwent an MRI on Thursday for shoulder pain he’s been dealing with. (JP Finlay)