Mary Kay Cabot reports that Browns QB Josh McCown displayed no concussion symptoms all week and was confident he’d pass this testing on Friday. However, an Indy neurological doctor failed him.
“I won’t go into any details,” Browns HC Mike Pettine told reporters on Friday, via Pro Football Talk. “I just know that he has to go through another series of tests today. I know when you have a setback that it resets the clock. I don’t have anything much beyond that.”
- The Cardinals announced Friday that RB Andre Ellington and G Mike Iupati will not travel to Chicago for their Week 2 match up.
- Regarding his injury, Ellington said it could be another two or three weeks before he’s back, but he considers himself day to day right now. (Mike Jurecki)
- Cowboys G Ronald Leary is listed as doubtful this week’s game with a groin strain.
- Veteran Mackenzy Bernadeau and rookie La’el Collins are the two options to replace Leary at left guard. (Charean Williams)
- Adam Caplan reports that the Eagles worked out rookie RB Ross Scheuerman on Friday.
- Redskins WR DeSean Jackson (hamstring) has officially been ruled out for Week 2’s against the Rams.