- Mary Kay Cabot reports that free agent WR Cecil Shorts does not have a visit schedule with the Browns at this point in time.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk wonders if a Larry Fitzgerald-for-Adrian Peterson trade could be a possibility.
- Mississippi State LB Benardrick McKinney is scheduled to visit with the Eagles in the coming days. (Tony Pauline)
- Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch mentions that the Rams “pushed hard” to re-sign veteran QB Shaun Hill.
- Hill ultimately signed a two-year, $6.5 million deal that included $3.2 million in guaranteed with the Vikings.
Newly acquired C Max Unger said he was initially “bummed” to hear that he had been traded, but he’s staying position about the situation.
“I’ve had so much invested in what’s happened up here for so long, and to get a call like this out of left field, I was bummed,” Unger told Seattle’s 950 KJR, per ESPN.com. “But at the same time, it’s another opportunity to go somewhere I’ve never lived before and play for a team who has had a lot of success, and I’ve heard only good things about. So it’s really about trying to be positive and just kind of pick up and play some good football still.”
Unger added: “It’s nice to be wanted by another team who’s really excited to have you.”