Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Browns, Cardinals, Lions, & Rams
NFL Notes: Browns, Cardinals, Lions, & Rams
- Free agent QB Brian Hoyer doesn’t know if he’ll reach the open market, but he is still open to returning to the Browns next year if he has an opportunity to compete for the starting job. (Scott Petrak)
- Josh Weinfuss of ESPN identifies C Lyle Sendlein, LB Lorenzo Alexander, and TE John Carlson as players that will need to step up in 2015 to earn an extension.
- No surprise, but Weinfuss can’t see QB Ryan Lindley making the 53-man roster at start of the 2015 season.
- According to Weinfuss, a decision regarding LB Daryl Washington is unlikely to come until at least May 30. Weinfuss’ “instinct” tells him Washington will be back given that they’ve already paid him a $5 million roster bonus.
- As for potential free agent targets, Weinfuss mentions RBs Mark Ingram, Darren McFadden and Frank Gore, as well as DE/OLB Jerry Hughes.
- Weinfuss believes CB Antonio Cromartie will consider the idea of returning to the Jets next year, but the Cardinals should have interest in re-signing him.
- According to Nick Wagoner, Sam Bradford will be back with the Rams next season, but they’ll “almost certainly” draft a quarterback.
- Wagoner suggests Chiefs C Rodney Hudson and Raiders C Stefan Wisniewski as potential free agent targets for the Rams.
- Wagoner doesn’t rule out the idea of them exploring a potential trade for Buccaneers backup QB Mike Glennon.
- St. Louis probably won’t be looking for upgrades at the safety position this offseason, according to Wagoner.
- Wagoner can see the Rams trading up if the right guy was available, and the asking price was reasonable.
Tags Antonio Cromartie Brian Hoyer Darren McFadden Daryl Washington Frank Gore Jerry Hughes Joe Marciano John Carlson Lorenzo Alexander Lyle Sendlein Mark Ingram Mike Glennon Rodney Hudson Ryan Lindley Sam Bradford Stefan Wisniewski