- Adam Caplan notes that rookie RB Duke Johnson has been the “most impressive” running back in Browns offseason workouts, due to his versatility and explosiveness.
- Caplan mentions that he would put money on Johnson being a three-down back for the Browns.
- According to Caplan, WR Taylor Gabriel has been the best receiver in OTAs, due to his consistency.
- Chiefs HC Andy Reid told reporters on Friday that S Eric Berry is waiting to meet with doctors to find out where he stands in his battle with cancer. (Terez A. Paylor)
Alex Marvez of FOX Sports mentioned that the Dolphins should pursue free agent G Evan Mathis in the coming weeks.
“They really, really should,” Marvez said on the Marc Hochman Show with Zach Krantz, via CBS Miami. “Now of course if a team comes in and they want to blow the Dolphins’ offer away with something ridiculous that’s one thing but I really think Evan Mathis could be a real difference-maker for this team and I think Evan realizes that as well.
“The guy is a beast of a technician. He’s a great locker room guy. He’s an extremely intelligent guy. I cannot say enough good things about him.”
Vikings RBs coach Kirby Wilson mentioned that they plan to manage Adrian Peterson‘s workload to ensure a better balance throughout the season.
“No question that the workload will be a lot more balanced than in the past because the organization has done an outstanding job of acquiring talent and other explosive pieces,” Wilson said, via NFL.com. “And just as the natural progression as an older back ages, the workload decreases anyway.”
- Vikings DT Tom Johnson has been found not guilty on all charges stemming from disorderly conduct arrest last year. (Tom Pelissero)
- Johnson intends to file a civil suit against Minneapolis Police Department, according to his agent Bardia Ghahremani. (Tom Pelissero)