Browns HC Hue Jackson told reporters Wednesday that he believes Deshone Kizer will be a better quarterback after he was given the week off last weekend.
“I think sometimes that is what it takes,” Jackson, via Pro Football Talk. “Sometimes people think it takes three weeks, four weeks. I am not in that school of thought. I think if a guy can learn the lessons and if he can regurgitate it back to me in conversation and in work and me seeing those things change, then hopefully the lesson is learned. Everybody is different. Some people it takes longer, and some people it doesn’t. DeShone, as I have said to you guys before, I didn’t know how long it was going to take. I just know he was going to play again. I told all of you that. He is playing this week, and I am looking forward to watching him play. Hopefully, the lessons are learned and we will grow from there.”
Although, Jackson wouldn’t commit to Jackson remaining the starter for the remainder of the season.
“I am not going to say the rest of the season, but I know he is the guy right now,” Jackson said. “I hope he is. I hope there are no more times that we have to take him out and let him reset himself. I am going to say it again, we are talking about a young quarterback who is 21 years old, who is in the National Football League and he is wearing a lot of different hats. I thought it was the right thing to do. As a matter of fact, I know it was the right thing to do a week ago. I think we will be better for it. I think he will be better for it. Hopefully, we will see the growth from him taking a week off last week.”
- The Kansas City Chiefs officially ruled out RB Charcandrick West, C Mitch Morse, and G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif for Thursday’s game against the Raiders. (Terez A. Paylor)
- The Chiefs also listed WR Albert Wilson is questionable for Week 7.
Raiders HC Jack Del Rio said that newly signed LB NaVorro Bowman has “looked good” in practice this week and they feel good about him playing against the Chiefs.
“He’s looked good,” Del Rio said, via the San Francisco Chronicle. “He’s a veteran. He understands ball. We’ve not tried to install the entire playbook, but specific game-plan things. Even though it’s a short week, we feel good that he’ll play. … He’s a very instinctive player and he’s been there before. He understands what it looks like to line up against a good football team and help us win.”
- Ian Rapoport reports that Bowman is expected to start against the Chiefs.
- According to Field Yates, Bowman’s new contract with the Raiders is a one-year deal that includes a $880,000 base salary, a $120,000 signing bonus, $100,000 in per game active roster bonuses, and $1 million in incentives. Yates adds that the contract can max out at $3 million.
- Rams HC Sean McVay indicated that DB Lamarcus Joyner (hamstring) will play in Week 7 after missing the last three weeks. (Alden Gonzalez)
- We have Joyner featured in our Top 25 – 2018 NFL Free Agents list.