Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Browns, Colts, Giants and Redskins
NFL Notes: Browns, Colts, Giants and Redskins
- Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal points out that coach Hue Jackson has decided to “experiment” with third-year player Pierre Desir to see if he is better suited to play safety rather than cornerback.
- Ulrich also writes that rookie Emmanuel Ogbah mostly took reps at defensive end during Saturday’s practice, but also took a few snaps at outside linebacker.
- Stephen Holder can’t see the Colts signing a veteran receiver after how things went with Andre Johnson last year. In fact, Holder says he’s “practically certain” they won’t go this route.
- Jordan Raanan of ESPN writes that the Giants appear to have wide-open tight end competition between Will Tye, Larry Donnell and Matt LaCosse.
- Coach Ben McAdoo said that WR Victor Cruz is “on schedule” after Cruz took part in team drills for the first time since last summer.
- Raanan adds that a player to keep an eye on is Tavarres King, who had a strong spring that has carried over his strong play to the summer.
- John Keim of ESPN indicates that the Redskins will have to piece together the team’s backup outside linebacker spot.
- Keim mentions Houston Bates and Willie Jefferson as potential options to fill the role, but adds that the team will have to keep an eye on the waiver wire to try and fill the void left after Junior Gallete‘s injury.
Tags andre johnson Emanuel Ogbah Houston Bates Junior Gallete Larry Donnell Matt LaCosse Pierre Desir Tavarres King Victor Cruz Will Tye Willie Jefferson