- In Pat McManamon’s 53-man roster projection, he has three quarterbacks making the team, which leaves Connor Shaw and Austin Davis expendable.
- McManamon has seven receivers making the team this summer — Corey Coleman, Andrew Hawkins, Rashard Higgins, Ricardo Louis, Marlon Moore, Jordan Payton, and Terrelle Pryor.
- Interestingly enough, McManamon has the Browns moving on from former first-round CB Justin Gilbert this year, barring an impressive summer.
The Indianapolis Colts announced Monday that they will induct Pro Football Hall of Famer and former President/Vice Chairman Bill Polian into the team’s Ring of Honor during their Week 17 game against the Jaguars.
“Bill was incredibly successful during his time with our franchise and proved to be a Hall of Famer,” said Colts Owner & CEO Jim Irsay. “He was one of the most innovative personalities to ever grace our sport, and his passion for the game was and still is unmatched. I will always be grateful to Bill for his contributions to the Colts, and to the NFL.”
- In his 53-man roster projection, Rich Cimini of ESPN can see the Jets keeping four quarterbacks on their roster, assuming they re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick at some point.
- According to Cimini, former second-round WR Devin Smith (ACL) is “way behind” and could begin the season on the physically-unable-to-perform list.
- Cimini projects the Jets to waive 2015 fifth-round OL Jarvis Harrison and seventh-round DL Deon Simon.
- Jamison Hensley projects the Ravens to keep four running backs on their 53-man roster — Justin Forsett, Buck Allen, Kenneth Dixon and Terrance West –, which leaves Lorenzo Taliaferro and Trent Richardson on the chopping block.
- Sixth-round WR Keenan Reynolds is one of six receivers making the cut, according to Hensley.
- Hensley has TE Dennis Pitta making the team, despite coming off of two hip injuries that left his career in doubt.
- Some other notable cuts including LB Arthur Brown, CB Kyle Arrington and rookie Victor Ochi.