- ESPN’s Chris Mortensen is getting the sense that Josh Gordon exploring CFL possibilities could be a precursor to legal action.
- WR Griff Whalen appears to have the edge on Da’Rick Rogers for the Colts’ No. 5 receiver job. (Mike Wells)
- There is, however, a chance that the Colts could keep six receivers this year. (Mike Wells)
- The Colts are likely to start undrafted rookie Jonotthan Harrison at center in Week 1. (Mike Wells)
- CB Dimitri Patterson said his absence last week had nothing to do with his place on the depth chart.
“As it relates to my whereabouts and me missing for 48 hours without being seen or heard from me or my representative is completely false,” Patterson said, per Josina Anderson. “My agent reached out to the Jets organization multiple times several hours prior to Friday night’s game. My commitment to the Jets organization and to my teammates has never been an issue and never will be an issue. As it relates to the rumors about my frustration in regards to the depth chart is totally and completely false. In nine years I have never had control over the depth chart.“
- S Bacarri Rambo could end up filling in for suspended S Brandon Meriweather for the first two games of the season. (John Keim)