Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Browns, Cowboys, Eagles, Panthers, & Texans
NFL Notes: Browns, Cowboys, Eagles, Panthers, & Texans
- Browns HC Mike Pettine said he believes QB Josh McCown gives the team the best opportunity to win at the moment. (Around The NFL)
- Pettine praised QB Johnny Manziel for his performance filling in for an injured McCown saying: “I’m very proud, personally and professionally of Manziel. He’s making great strides“. (Around The NFL)
- Pettine also added: “We now feel like we have a backup who can come in and move the team and win games for us.” (Ian Rapoport)
- Cowboys signed DE Efe Obada to their practice squad. (Todd Archer)
- Eagles RB DeMarco Murray left Wednesday’s practice with a hamstring injury, and did not talk to the media. (Les Bowen)
- David Newton believes if Panthers CB Josh Norman continues his impressive season, he could target a new deal in the $10 million-plus range, which is top-10 cornerback money.
- According to Newton, the franchise tag could be an option for Norman, even though it would run them close to $13 million next season.
- Texans RB Arian Foster practiced Wednesday, for the second straight week, coming off of groin surgery. (Aaron Wilson)
- Bill O’Brien said he doesn’t think Foster will play in Week 3, as they want to make sure he’s 100 percent healthy upon returning.
Tags Arian Foster DeMarco Murray Efe Obada Johnny Manziel Josh McCown Josh Norman