- Former NFL executive Bill Polian said the number of injuries the Browns have had so far should fall on the front office rather than the team’s coaches. (Tom Reed)
- Polian believes the NFL should consider stepping in if it hears the Browns are considering trading LT Joe Thomas since there is so much ambiguity regarding the team’s plans for him. (Tom Reed)
- Mary Kay Cabot reports that QB Cody Kessler could be cleared from his concussion on Friday. However, HC Hue Jackson said signs are pointing towards Josh McCown starting Week 8, saying: “(McCown) had another good practice (Thursday) and worked hard,” said Jackson. “We’re really trending that way right now.“
- NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the domestic violence investigation of Cowboys’ first-round RB Ezekiel Elliott is still an open case, per Clarence E. Hill of the Star-Telegram.
- Raiders owner Reggie McKenzie said DE Mario Edwards Jr. (hip) could return after the team’s Week 10 bye, saying: “I feel good he’ll be back sooner than later. Hopefully after the bye week. He is progressing well.” (Vic Tafur)
- According to Jason Cole, there is currently no timeline regarding the ruling of DE Aldon Smith applying for reinstatement from suspension.
Saints CB Delvin Breaux claimed he is “90 percent” recovered from his broken fibula that has sidelined him since Week 1.
“That’s why I can give myself 90 percent because that was one of the battles that I had to face,” Breaux said, via Christopher Dabe of The Times-Picayune. “You have to high-point, but you have to come back down. The hardest thing with the leg is know that the leg is stable (and) able to hold me up. It was pretty good.”
Breaux was limited in practice so far this week and admitted that he is unsure if he will be ready to play this Sunday.
“If it is, then I’ll be excited,” said Breaux. “If not, I’ll live to see another week. Just taking it one day at a time. Whatever they ask me to do as far as my progression and my program, then I’m doing it.”