Browns QB Brock Osweiler was asked Wednesday if he thought he was good enough to start for Cleveland, to which he replied: “Absolutely. Absolutely.”
Osweiler said that his tape from the past few years shows as much.
“I think the proof is in the film from the past two years,” Osweiler said, via Pro Football Talk.
Osweiler did, however, explain that he’s going to need to earn an opportunity he receives with the Browns moving forward.
“My expectation is always to start,” Osweiler said. “But once again that is not my decision to make. Now if I came out here and told you guys I wanted to be the backup then I’m in the wrong business. Absolutely I want to play and I want to help this team win games, but I know there’s a lot of work that needs to go into that, and ultimately I need to earn that on the practice field. And I have a lot of work ahead of me to do that.”
In regards to being traded by the Texans, Osweiler mentioned that he was actually on the golf course at the time the trade went down.
- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett told reports that they learned of Ezekiel Elliott‘s accident on Monday and they plan to hold him out this week before he returns next Tuesday. (Jane Slater)
- Garrett added that Elliott is dealing with “body soreness, neck soreness” following the accident. (Todd Archer)
- Garrett mentioned that WR Cole Beasley is dealing with a hamstring injury and they plan to monitor it to see if he will practice next week. (Jane Slater)
- According to Clarence Hill, rookie WR Ryan Switzer looks like a “plug and play immediately player” for the Cowboys, as he “caught everything” while filling in for Beasley.
- Hill adds that the Cowboys had first-round DE Taco Charlton working with the first-team defense at right end with David Irving at left end.
- The Cowboys’ first-team offensive line during Wednesday’s OTA practice consisted of: LT-Tyron Smith, LG-Emmett Cleary, C-Travis Frederick, RG–Zack Martin, RT-La’el Collins. (Jon Machota)
- Redskins franchise QB Kirk Cousins said of contract negotiations and the July 15 deadline: “Nothing happens right now. Deadlines do deals. That’s a rule in negotiating.” (Mike Garafolo)