Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Browns, Eagles, Ravens, Steelers
NFL Notes: Browns, Eagles, Ravens, Steelers
- Mary Kay Cabot has been told that interest from the Browns’ front office in taking UNC QB Mitch Trubisky No. 1 overall is “legitimate.”
- Even so, she still expects Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett to be the first overall pick on Thursday.
- Cabot doesn’t rule out the Browns trading back up to get Trubisky.
- Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com reports that the Eagles recently sent a member of their organization to meet with Alabama LB Reuben Foster.
However, Shorr-Parks says that it’s possible that Foster won’t be on the Eagles’ draft board in the first round, given that they don’t have a major need at linebacker.
- While Jeff Zrebiec believes finding a pass rusher in round one would be ideal for the Ravens, he admits it’s possible there may not be anyone worth taking at No. 16 overall, depending on what happens with Texas A&M’s Myles Garrett, Stanford’s Solomon Thomas, Tennessee’s Derek Barnett and Temple’s Haason Reddick.
- Barring a trade back, Zrebiec mentions that it may end up being the Ravens’ best option to wait and address the position in the second round with someone like Houston’s Tyus Bowser, Kansas State’s Jordan Willis, Alabama’s Tim Williams, or Auburn’s Carl Lawson.
- Another player to watch for Baltimore is Alabama’s Ryan Anderson, whom Zrebiec believes best embodies what team officials like to call “Playing like a Raven.”
- A potential mid-round receiver target for the Ravens, according to Zrebiec, could be Virginia Tech’s Isaiah Ford.
- Zrebiec says it wouldn’t be a surprise if the Ravens took an offensive lineman in round one, as they’ve mentioned trying to build an offensive line like the Cowboys.
- Zrebiec adds that he wouldn’t be surprised to see the Ravens trade back in round one, considering that they tend to be pretty active in the trade market every year and they’ve said they would like to pick up some more picks.
- Steelers GM Kevin Colbert told reporters that they believe Ben Roethlisberger “will be here for a while.” (Aditi Kinkhabwala)
- Colbert mentioned that he expects to see more trading by any variety of teams in this draft than in years past. (Aditi Kinkhabwala)
- In regards to suspended WR Martavis Bryant, Colbert said the NFL has met with him but they haven’t received any information regarding his possible reinstatement. (Ed Bouchette)
Tags Ben Roethlisberger Carl Lawson Derek Barnett Haason Reddick Isaiah Ford Jordan Willis Martavis Bryant Mitch Trubisky Myles Garrett Reuben Foster Ryan Anderson Solomon Thomas Tim Williams Tyus Bowser