- Browns S Tashaun Gipson told reporters that he is still hoping to get long-term deal in place with the Browns. (Nate Ulrich)
- According to Gipson, contract talks are “ongoing.” (Nate Ulrich)
- Giants HC Tom Coughlin told reporters that WR Odell Beckham will not participate in the team’s minicamp practices this week. (Ralph Vacchiano)
Veteran G Rob Sims mentioned that the Lions’ contract offer really wasn’t something he was willing to consider based on how much money they were offering.
“Without throwing [the Lions] under the bus, and I could, but when we got the offer, we didn’t think, for the time we had put in, 80 straight games, 80 straight starts and some of the things we had played through, the offer was … something that we didn’t deserve,” Sims said, via Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “It wasn’t right for us. That’s, basically, what it boils down to: It just wasn’t right for us.”
- Packers OLB Nick Perry mentioned that he underwent shoulder surgery almost immediately after the season, which explains why he has missed practice. (Rob Demovksy)
- Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports that Titans TE Dorin Dickerson suffered an Achilles’ injury that is likely to cost him the entire 2015 season.