NFL Notes: Browns, Giants & Rams
- Dan Labbe of Cleveland.com indicates that second-year DT Danny Shelton is expecting to have a three-down role this season. Last year, Shelton was primarily used on first and second down to stop the run.
- Labbe writes that Shelton is down 30 pounds from last season, and already at his goal of 335 pounds. Shelton lost the weight in hopes to improve his ability to rush the passer.
- Dan Salomone of Giants.com mentions that even with the Giants additions during the offseason, Dwayne Harris is likely will remain involved in the team’s offense.
- During the offseason, the Giants drafted WR Sterling Shepard in the second round of the draft. Also, the Giants are counting on Victor Cruz to return to the field, so Harris will not be higher than fourth on the WR depth chart.
- Vincent Bonsignore of Insidesocal.com suggests that it makes sense for the Rams to have a “wait and see approach” when it comes to franchise CB Trumaine Johnson.
- After breaking on to the scene last season, the Rams decided to use the franchise tag on Johnson heading into 2016.
- Bonsignore indicates that it would be wise for the Rams to see if Johnson can perform as well as he did last season before giving him a big-money contract.
Tags Danny Shelton Dwayne Harris Sterling Shepard Trumaine Johnson Victor Cruz