Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Browns, Jets & Panthers
NFL Notes: Browns, Jets & Panthers
- According to Terry Pluto of The Cleveland Plain Dealer , second year defensive end Xavier Cooper is expected to start in place of veteran Desmond Bryant, who is out for the 2016 season after having surgery to repair a torn pectoral muscle.
- Pluto believes that Cooper should get the first crack at filling in for Bryant, but will most likely share time with rookie Carl Nassib.
- ESPN’s Rich Cimini writes that Muhammad Wilkerson‘s new contract agreement could improve the Jets chances of re-signing QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.
- With Wilkerson’s new contract lowering his $15.7 million cap hit by “a few million” according to Cimini, it could free up some money to sign Fitzpatrick to a one year deal.
- Darryl Slater of NJ Advanced Media takes a look at how Wilkerson‘s new deal will impact Sheldon Richardson. Slater states that Richardson will “surely” cost more than the $54 million guaranteed that Wilkerson received, and he expects extension talks with Richardson to begin next offseason.
- Panthers DC Sean McDermott mentioned during an interview with the Charlotte Observer’s Joseph Person that “all indications” point to LB Luke Kuechly being ready for training camp after he underwent surgery in February to repair a partially torn labrum.
- Also in the interview, McDermott said this year will be very important for DE Kony Ealy. Following the retirement of veteran Jared Allen, Ealy is expected to take over at right end for the Panthers in 2016.
Tags Carl Nassib Desmond Bryant Jared Allen Luke Kuechly Mike Maccagnan Muhammad Wilkerson Ryan Fitzpatrick Sean McDermott Sheldon Richardson Xavier Cooper