- HC Mike Pettine mentioned that they had no plans to take a quarterback at No. 4 overall this past year, but they did have a first-round grade on Jaguars QB Blake Bortles.
“There wasn’t any quarterback in the discussion for us at four, but we certainly had a first-round grade on him,” Pettine told WKRK-FM, via Daryl Ruiter of CBS Cleveland.
- Free agent-to-be CB Davon House could be in for a decent contract on the open market, but he would prefer to remain with the Packers.
“I’m excited for what the future holds,” House said, via Rob Reischel of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. “Like I tell my wife, I don’t want to play nowhere else. We don’t want to live nowhere else. We don’t really do nothing, so Green Bay is perfect for us. But it’s an exciting time.”
- HC Ron Rivera told reporters on Wednesday that he expects RB Jonathan Stewart to play against the Packers this weekend.
“Jonathan looked good,” Rivera said, via David Newton of ESPN.com. “We’ll see how he is [Thursday], but he took the majority of the reps. He took all the reps that were slated for him as well.
“I’m excited to see him on the football field and hopefully there’s no residual and he’ll be ready to roll again at practice.”
- HC Pete Carroll was coy about the idea of possibly signing Aussie rugby star Jarryd Hayne, but it appears as though they do have some interest in him. (Terry Blount)
- Seahawks signed DB Steven Terrell to their practice squad.
- Seahawks DB Eric Pinkins has returned from Reserved/NFI list.