Browns HC Hue Jackson said he is not concerned about his job security and is convinced that he will remain as the team’s head coach after this season.
“I am not distracted by what my fate will be because I never would have taken this job if I thought it was going to be anything other than me being here and seeing this through,” Jackson said, via Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal. “That part has never been an issue.”
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy told reporters that he is more concerned over LB Clay Matthews‘ shoulder injury than QB Aaron Rodgers‘ hamstring issue. (Rob Demovsky)
- For what it’s worth, McCarthy does not think Rodgers’ hamstring injury will be as limiting as his calf injury from 2014. (Rob Demovsky)
Patriots head coach Bill Belichick explained the team’s decision to sign OT Marcus Cannon to a five-year extension.
“Marcus is having a good season.” Belichick said Wednesday, via NESN.com. “He’s been a good player for us. He’s had to fill in for Sebastian and Nate in previous years. We’ve felt like we’ve had three good tackles, and usually two of the three of them wound up playing, however it went, varied from year to year over the last few years. “Marcus has always done a solid job for us whenever he’s played. So, I’m glad we have him moving forward. Works hard, quiet kid, but he’s very dependable, team oriented. He’s done a good job for us in the running game, passing game, good player.”
- Mike Triplett of ESPN reports that there is a growing discontent between Saints WR Brandin Cooks and the team due to the lack of involvement he’s had this season.
- Triplett believes it is too early to tell whether Cooks would demand a trade this offseason.
- Saints HC Sean Payton told reporters Wednesday that he isn’t overly concerned about Cooks’ role in their offense: “He’s been explosive this season, he’s certainly a primary target for us with what we do, and I think that’s evident.” (Mike Triplett)
- According to Chris Tomasson, Vikings PR/CB Marcus Sherels sustained a fractured rib during Week 11 and is expected to miss Thursday’s Week 13 game.