- S Tashaun Gipson (concussion) has been upgraded to probable after completing the league’s concussion protocol. (Scott Petrak)
According to David Newton, QB Cam Newton has “made it clear his intention is to be at Carolina long-term.“
Newton mentions that Cam is from Atlanta, so playing in Carolina allows him to be fairly close to home. On top of that, he has a coaching staff that believes in him and is willing to tailor their offense around him.
However, Newton (the writer) suggests that the Panthers could bring in a new coordinator that runs a system similar no-huddle, uptempo offense like the Eagles do, which would be similar to what Cam had success with at Auburn.
- Newton doesn’t see Carolina extension DE Greg Hardy a long-term contract offer if he’s found guilty in his court case.
- Newton believes the Panthers must address their offensive line in next year’s NFL draft and/or free agency, but adds that it could be tough to pass up a defensive end in the top half of the draft.
Keim adds that the Redskins’ coaching staff still likes Cousins and he believes Washington could keep him and Colt McCoy around next year.
- Keim gives HC Jay Gruden “C” grade for his first season in the nation’s capital.
- Keim writes that Barry Cofield could see time at defensive end as he works himself back into the team’s defense.
- Keim believes it’s in Washington’s best interest to hire a general manager, even though he admits that there hasn’t been any indication that this is being discussed or considered.
- Ben Goessling writes that although TE Kyle Rudolph is returning this week, it may not be realistic for him to play that much in his first week back.