- Browns’ first-round DE Myles Garrett said there is still “soreness” in his ankle and it should remain that way throughout the season. Regardless, Garrett believes that he should be able to “limit” it. (Scott Petrak)
- Scott Petrak mentions that Garrett’s high ankle sprain does not seem as bad as the left ankle sprain he experienced during his senior year at Texas A&M.
- According to Ian Rapoport, Browns DL Danny Shelton‘s calf injury from Wednesday’s practice “sounds like the minor variety” after undergoing MRI testing.
- The Browns officially ruled out LB Jamie Collins (concussion) for Week 4’s game and have WR Sammie Coates (hamstring), DT Danny Shelton (calf), TE Randall Telfer (knee) and DE Myles Garrett (ankle) listed as questionable.
- Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that Raiders CB Sean Smith will plead not guilty at Friday’s arraignment in a Los Angeles Superior Court for felony assault and battery charges related to a July 4 incident where he allegedly beat and stomped on the head of his sister’s boyfriend.
- Master Tesfatsion reports that the Redskins worked out wide receivers Rashard Davis and Shakeir Ryan before they signed Ryan to their practice squad on Wednesday.
Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell admitted that he hasn’t been the same kind of dynamic player he’s been in the past this season.
“I haven’t been that special player yet,” Bell said, via Chris Adamski of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “I’ve been kind of just playing football. So I have to go out there and be the special player I can be.”
Bell pointed to surgery or just being rusty from missing training camp as of the reasons for his play.
“It could be the surgery,” Bell said. “I would say it could be rust from not being in camp. It could be a combination of a lot of things. . . .
“I think I’m just as explosive as I always have been. Just so far I haven’t really [had a big play]. I have been close to breaking a couple of runs [and] close to breaking a couple catches, but it just hasn’t happened yet. Guys are making good tackles on me. . . . I feel like I am kind of due for a big play. So I have got to go out there and execute and do what I can.”