Home / Browns / NFL Notes: Browns, Saints, Vikings
NFL Notes: Browns, Saints, Vikings
- Mary Kay Cabot writes that Browns first-round pick Jabrill Peppers likely hasn’t signed his rookie contract because his representatives are likely trying to avoid offset language.
- Peppers may have a tough time getting a deal without offsets, considering that No. 1 overall pick Myles Garrett did not receive offset language as part of his contract.
- Cabot mentions that the defensive line appears to be the improved unit this summer.
- As for Brock Osweiler, Cabot believes they would still like to trade him this summer, depending on how DeShone Kizer and Cody Kessler look during training camp. However, the Browns would most likely need to get creative and still pay a good portion of his $16 million salary in order to move him.
- Herbie Teope reports that Saints LT Terron Armstead underwent successful surgery on Monday to repair torn labrum and is expected to rehab primarily in New Orleans.
- Previous reports have said that Armstead is expected to miss between 4-6 months with this injury. (NFLTR)
- The Saints could turn to first-round pick Ryan Ramczyk to replace Armstead at the start of the season.
- Ben Goessling of ESPN writes that Vikings QB Sam Bradford and his agent Tom Condon will undoubtedly be looking for a contract worth over $20 million per year as a free agent in 2018 with at least $40-$50 million in guaranteed money.
- A strong showing in 2017 will make the situation even more complicated for the Vikings, but they could keep Teddy Bridgewater at $2.18 million for the 2018 season if they keep him on the physically-unable-to-perform list.
- If the Vikings go this route, Goessling mentions that Minnesota could use their franchise tag on Bradford or try to get another short-term contract in place.
Tags Brock Osweiler Cody Kessler DeShone Kizer Jabrill Peppers Myles Garrett Ryan Ramczyk Sam Bradford Teddy Bridgewater Terron Armstead