- According to Jason Cole of B/R, the NFL is “likely” to cancel the Veteran Combine they hosted for the first time in March, due to the cost effectiveness of the event not matching up with the return value of the attending players.
- Matt Maiocco reports that the 49ers have signed TE Jamie Childers to their practice squad.
- Maiocco adds that DE Kaleb Ramsey has been reinstated to the team after serving his suspension.
- HC Mike Pettine said the team has discussed bringing in another quarterback. (Nate Ulrich)
- Owner Jerry Jones said that the Cowboys had QB Johnny Manziel rated as one of the “top 5-6” players on their board, per Ed Werder.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Cowboys will not place QB Tony Romo (fractured clavicle) on the season-ending injured reserve in case they make a playoff run.
Patriots released a statement regarding TE Rob Gronkowski‘s injury, saying that he’s “week-to-week” with a sprain/bone bruise to his right knee.
“During Sunday night’s game, Rob Gronkowski sustained a bone bruise/sprain of his right knee. His status will be evaluated on a week-to-week basis and listed accordingly on the practice participation and injury reports. There is no timetable for his readiness to return, which will be determined in the days or hours prior to the appropriate game. Any timetable reported prior to that final determination would be speculative.“