- Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter told reporters that WR Adam Humphries will be their No. 3 receiver in large part because of his consistency. (Greg Auman)
- Auman also mentioned that WR Kenny Bell is “probably” the leader for the number four receiver spot.
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians says that CB Mike Jenkins is having his hand operated on and should be able to play with a cast in two to three weeks. (Darren Urban)
- Arians also noted that Cardinals WR John Brown is going through concussion protocol after hitting his head on the ground yesterday. (Mike Jurecki)
- Cowboys Executive Vice President Stephen Jones said the team will bring in free agent linebackers tonight for a workout tomorrow. (Todd Archer)
- Lions remove OT Corey Robinson from the physically unable to perform list.
- Lions waived LB Dominique Tovell.
Texans GM Rick Smith said they’re “extremely excited” to have WR DeAndre Hopkins back at practice.
“We’re extremely excited that he’s back,” Smith said, per John McClain. “He’s an important element to our team. I said yesterday I was hopeful the holdout didn’t last long, and it didn’t. He’s here and we’re excited to have him back.”
Texans owner Bob McNair had this to say on Hopkins, per John McClain:
“I’m happy that he’s back. I think it’s in his best interest for him to be here. We’ll deal with his contract at the proper time. We take care of our players and we’ll take care of him.“