Buccaneers DT Gerald McCoy confirmed that he will not undergo surgery for a biceps tear, but he isn’t sure if he’ll suit for Monday’s game against the Falcons.
“Nobody likes going under the knife,” said McCoy, via Buccaneers.com. “It’s not fun. So that’s definitely a blessing. I’m just going to keep rehabbing it and do my best. I would like to be [ready for Monday] but I don’t know yet. Let’s take it day by day and see what happens.”
- Mike Jurecki mentions QB Blaine Gabbert, OLB Kareem Martin, LB Josh Bynes, CB Tramon Williams and G Alex Boone as five impending free agents that the Cardinals could attempt to re-sign during the offseason.
- Jurecki points out that in total the Cardinals have 19 players in line to be unrestricted free agents, so you can expect a lot of action from them in the coming months.
- Giants interim GM Kevin Abrams told reporters on Thursday that he wants to see Davis Webb get some playing time “but you can only play one quarterback at a time.’‘ (Paul Schwartz)
- Abrams added that interim HC Steve Spagnuolo has final say in regards to the team’s quarterback situation.
- Michael Gehlken reports that Raiders WR Amari Cooper did not practice for the second straight day and he is not expected to play in Sunday’s game against the Cowboys after aggravating his left ankle sprain last week.
- On Thursday, six players did not practice for the Raiders including Cooper, RB Marshawn Lynch (weekly rest), CB David Amerson (foot), DE Mario Edwards, Jr. (ankle), S Obi Melifonwu (hip), and TE Clive Walford (concussion, neck). (Michael Gehlken)