- Buccaneers GM Jason Licht confirmed that they plan to use free agent acquisition Bruce Carter at middle linebacker next year. (Rick Stroud)
Chargers GM Tom Telesco ruled out the idea of making QB Philip Rivers available for trade at some point.
“It’s not even on our radar,” Telesco said, per Eric Williams of ESPN.
- Colts Owner Jim Irsay said they most likely won’t address QB Andrew Luck‘s contract until next offseason. (Mike Wells)
- Irsay also mentioned that OLB Robert Mathis may not be ready to return from his Achilles’ tear until November. (Mike Wells)
- James Walker of ESPN writes that the new contract extension the Dolphins gave to HC Joe Philbin is “merely window dressing” and doesn’t change his situation heading into 2015.
- Giants owner John Mara said of Eli Manning‘s contract situation: “We’d certainly prefer to do it before the season. If it doesn’t happen, we’re still going to line up and play.” (Bob Glauber)
- Lions GM Martin Mayhew said the team has yet to make a decision regarding OT Riley Reiff‘s fifth-year option. (Tim Twentyman)