- Ian Rapoport reports that Buccaneers FB/TE Alan Cross underwent sports hernia surgery on Thursday with Dr. William Meyers in Philadelphia.
- According to Rapoport, Cross played with the injury all season but the expectation is that he should be fine for the start of offseason conditioning.
- Greg Auman reports that Buccaneers OL Mike Liedtke also underwent sports hernia surgery today.
- According to Pete Thamel, Chargers TEs coach John McNulty has accepted the job as Rutgers’ new offensive coordinator.
Dolphins veteran OL Ted Larsen said he would like to go back to playing right guard after spending the 2018 season as Miami’s left guard.
“That’s my preference,” Larsen said, via Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. “I played there since 2014.”
- Dolphins RG Jesse Davis said he would be fine flipping spots with Larsen if that’s what he wants.
- Jackson mentions that Miami could also move Davis to right tackle if the move on from Ja’Wuan James.
- According to Jackson, the Dolphins are unlikely to retain Jermon Bushrod, but it’s possible they could find another role for him in the organization.
- According to John Keim, the Redskins would like to add a fast receiver in the mold of DeSean Jackson to play opposite to Josh Doctson.
- Two free agents options who could fill this role, according to Keim, include Marqise Lee and Paul Richardson.
- Keim says that Washington still likes pending free agent Ryan Grant a lot and will try to retain him.
- As for OL Spencer Long, Keim mentions that the Redskins appear to be comfortable allowing him to test the open market, even though they tried to re-sign him before the start of the season.
- Keim says it’s hard to imagine G Shawn Lauvao returning for the 2018 season.
- Bruce Feldman reports that Stanford is hiring Redskins assistant OL coach Kevin Carberry as their new Run Game Coordinator and OL coach.