- The Buccaneers are activating CB Brandon Dixon from their practice squad. (Jason La Canfora)
- Mike Wells would be “shocked” if shocked Khaled Holmes starts Sunday’s game at center over recently acquired C A.Q. Shipley.
- It will likely take the Cowboys “at least a month if not longer” to activate practice squad DE Michael Sam. (Todd Archer)
- It looks like MLB Jon Beason will be able to play in Week 1’s opener against the Lions. (Kieran Darcy)
- HC Tom Coughlin wouldn’t say if Brandon Mosley or John Jerry would start at right guard on Monday. (Kieran Darcy)
- It could “at least a couple weeks” before the Panthers consider activating practice squad WR Stephen Hill, due to the time it would require to learn the team’s system. (David Newton)