- HC Lovie Smith mentioned that OC Jeff Tedford’s is still up in the air after he underwent unspecified medical procedure last week.
“He’s getting better,” Smith said, via Pat Yasinskas of ESPN.com. “He stopped through this weekend. We’re taking our time with him. He’s getting better each day. When he’ll be back here full-time, I don’t know. When he’ll be available full-time, whether he’ll be available for the game this week and all those questions, we don’t have answered right now. He’s getting better and we’ll see how all that plays out.“
- Free agent acquisition DT Henry Melton said he expects to start Sunday’s game against the 49ers, but isn’t sure how much he’ll play. (Jean-Jacques Taylor)
- According to James Walker of ESPN, “it’s not out of the realm of possibilities” that Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill could command a salary salary as the contracts recently signed by Alex Smith and Andy Dalton.
- The Raiders confirmed Monday night that rookie QB Derek Carr is their guy moving forward and it will not be a week-to-week situation. (Bill Williamson)
- The Redskins placed S Phillip Thomas and RB Chris Thompson on the practice squad due to concerns about their ability to stay healthy. (John Keim)