- HC Lovie Smith mentioned that CB Mike Jenkins is close to returning to practice after missing time with a hamstring injury. (Tom Krasniqi)
- According to Jason Cole of the Bleacher Report, “there’s nothing all that close” between the Cowboys and WR Dez Bryant regarding a contract extension.
- Owner/GM Jerry Jones mentioned that he’s ruled out the idea of extending HC Jason Garrett‘s contract, but plans to allow him finish out his contract before reconsidering.
“I, in no way, have shut that door [on extending Garrett’s deal],” said Jones, via Rainer Sabin of the Dallas Morning News. “But I have already decided that we were going to operate this year with his contract status the way that it is.”
- LB Travis Long sustained a torn ACL in his left knee and is expected to miss the 2014 season. (Jeff McLane)
- The Lions restructured the contract of S Glover Quin Friday to create some additional cap room for the 2014 season. (Michael Rothstein)