- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers officially ruled out RB Ronald Jones (hamstring), G Evan Smith (hip), and CB M.J. Stewart (foot) for Sunday’s game against the Panthers and list DE Vinny Curry (ankle) and DT Gerald McCoy (calf, not injury related) as questionable.
“Amari is going to draw attention,” Elliott said, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “If they don’t then they’re going to get hurt. It will definitely loosen that box up and make things a little bit easier. Teams know when they play us we’re going to run the ball. That’s always going to be the focus. But it’s going to help for sure just having Amari over there.”
Cowboys OC Scott Linehan said Cooper will play a “significant amount” of snaps on Monday and added: “We’re not really easing him in.” (David Helman)
- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said that DT David Irving is undergoing an MRI on Friday after getting his foot caught in the ground on an inside run drill. (Clarence Hill)
- Irving said he will not play Monday night due to a high ankle sprain and could be out up to four weeks, depending on the results of his MRI. (Clarence Hill)
- The Atlanta Falcons officially ruled out CB Robert Alford (ankle) and K Matt Bryant (right hamstring) for Sunday’s game against the Redskins.
- The Falcons signed LS Josh Harris to a three-year extension on Friday. (NFLTR)
- The Washington Redskins officially ruled out WR Jamison Crowder (ankle), RB Chris Thompson (rib), and T Trent Williams (thumb, shoulder) for Sunday’s game against the Falcons and list LB Ryan Anderson (knee), RB Kapri Bibbs (shoulder), S Montae Nicholson (neck, hip), and WR Paul Richardson (shoulder, knee) as questionable.
- Redskins LT Trent Williams is considered week to week after undergoing thumb surgery. (NFLTR)