- Alex Marvez reports that Falcons OC Dirk Koetter is interviewing with the Buccaneers for the same position on Saturday.
- Sources tell Marvez that Koetter is held in high regard by two head coaching candidates including Seahawks DC Dan Quinn and 49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula.
- QB Josh McCown endorsed the idea of the Buccaneers bringing in former Bears HC Marc Trestman to run their offense.
“In regard to (Trestman coming) here, yeah, I would keep that conversation between (Bucs coach) Lovie (Smith) and I,’’ McCown said, via Roy Cummings of the Tampa Bay Tribune. “But I think Marc is an outstanding coach and an outstanding person and he has a great sense of offensive football, especially quarterback play.
“I just know that, for me personally, I played my best football in my career under him. So obviously I have good things to say. But I’ve been around a bunch of different guys over the course of my career, and he was probably the most detailed with game plans and things like that. I really felt like he was on top of it.’’
- The Giants announced Wednesday that they have brought back Mike Sullivan as their quarterbacks coach after Danny Langsdorf left for Nebraska.
“It’s great to be back,” Sullivan said. “I can’t wait to get started.”
- DT Nick Fairley (knee) will not play in Sunday’s Wild Card game against the Cowboys. (Tim Twentyman)
- The Baltimore Ravens could carry over $5.785 million in cap space to the 2015 offseason. (Aaron Wilson)