“I don’t think we should probably decide any competition based on four kicks,” said head coach Dirk Koetter, per Jenna Laine. “Nick got the best of it today and they’ll be out there going at it again tomorrow.”
The Buccaneers have said it’s an open competition between Aguayo and Folk for the job this summer, despite using a second-round pick on Aguayo last year.
- New Jets OC John Morton said Tuesday that Josh McCown, Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg will all get equal snaps with the starters. (Kimberly Jones)
- Morton added that they’re “giving everyone a great opportunity” to win No. 1 job.
- Morton also mentioned that they plan to employ a backfield-by-committee approach this season. He added that their plan will vary week to week, but it appears as though there will be a time-share between Matt Forte and Bilal Powell. (Rich Cimini)
- David Newton of ESPN reports that while Panthers OT Michael Oher was in attendance for the start of OTAs on Tuesday, he plans to attend the team’s mandatory June 13-15 minicamp.
- Newton adds that Oher also expects to play for the Panthers this season if he’s able to clear the concussion protocol.
Steelers WR Martavis Bryant acknowledged that this is very likely his last opportunity in the NFL.
“I know this is my last chance,” Bryant said, per Jeremy Fowler. “I put the right people around me, I have things in place for me to succeed, maintain sobriety.”
- According to Ed Bouchette, as part of the conditions of Bryant’s suspension being lifted, he will be drug tested three times a week and have to meet with a counselor twice a week