- Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter told reporters on Thursday that they plan to announce their roster cuts on Friday afternoon. (Roy Cummings)
- Greg Auman offered a list of players most vulnerable to be cut, including: OL Kyler Kerbyson, OL Kelvin Palmer, TE Kivon Cartwright, TE Alan Cross, WR Joanthan Krause, WR Freddie Martino, RB Russell Hansbrough, S Kimario McFadden, CB Javien Elliott, LB Jeremiah George, CB Micah Awe, DT Davonte Lambert, and DE Channing Ward.
- Rich Cimini points out that there will be some tough decisions at receiver for the Jets, now that there have been three rookies to emerge.
- This could mean that WR Kenbrell Thompkins is on shaky ground, considering that the Jets could save $1.7 million in cap room.
Former Titans second-round WR Justin Hunter admitted that he’s playing for a roster spot right now.
“I just feel like I need to put something spectacular on film,” Hunter said, via the Nashville Tennessean. “Just to show that I’ve got it.
“There’s always going to be pressure,” Hunter added. “I just can’t think about the timing and what’s going on now — just get things done.
“I’ll just approach this game like it’s my last. That’s the best way to approach it. With that, you’ll get the results you want.”
Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater released the following statement regarding his recent knee injury and his impending rehab.
I want to thank the Wilf Family and the entire Vikings organization, all of my teammates, friends, Eric Sugarman and the amazing Vikings athletic training staff and the fans who have sent me messages and wished me well. Your thoughts and prayers mean a lot to me and have helped me in this difficult time. There are great players and great leaders in our locker room who are going to fight to the end to reach the goals we set for 2016. I will be there mentally, physically and in spirit to support them accomplish those goals.
In order to have a testimony, you have to have a test. I come from amazing DNA, I watched my mom fight and win against breast cancer. We will, as a team, attack my rehab with the same vigor and energy. My faith is strong, my faith is unwavering and my vision is clear. My purpose will not be denied.
- According to Jason Cole, the Vikings are going over a list of backup quarterbacks around the NFL to determine whether they want to trade for anyone.
- Cole says that asking prices for quarterbacks are pretty high right right now.