The NFL released a statement Wednesday saying that they’ve received submissions from Oakland, St. Louis, and San Diego regarding stadium plans.
“We are able to confirm that we have received submissions from Oakland, St. Louis, and San Diego as requested. All three submissions are generally consistent with our most recent discussions with public officials and task forces. We appreciate the leadership that public officials have demonstrated on behalf of the three cities. There is a great deal of information for the three teams and all of NFL ownership to review and consider. At this point, no applications for relocation of a franchise have been filed.“
- Pat McManamon reports that Browns QB Johnny Manziel has been diagnosed with a concussion and is currently in the NFL’s concussion protocol.
- McManamon adds that it’s “highly unlikely” that Manziel will play in their season finale against the Steelers.
- Buccaneers OC Dirk Koetter said of re-signing impending free agent RB Doug Martin: “I’ll lobby hard.’‘ (Rick Stroud)
- Mike Fisher reports that the Cowboys swear Dez Bryant‘s surgery was “semi-expected.”
- However, David Chao points out that Jones’ fractures have a 20 percent chance of needing another surgery, as they don’t always heal perfectly, even with good surgery being performed.
- Chao believes Bryant most likely did not refracture the bone in his foot, but it just didn’t heal right.
- For a Jones’ fracture to fully heal, it typically requires months, according to Chao.
- Chao adds that had the Cowboys decided to allow Bryant’s foot to properly heal, they would have had to hold him out until 2016.
- Sources tells Josina Anderson of Redskins WR DeSean Jackson: “The organization likes him a lot and wants him around.”
- Jackson’s contract is set to expire after the 2016 season.
- The Titans officially ruled out QB Marcus Mariota for Sunday’s season finale.
- Should the Titans lose to the Colts, they would secure the No. 1 overall pick.