- Rookie RB Charles Sims is undergoing surgery on his peroneal tendon today. He’s expected to miss 12-15 weeks. (Adam Caplan)
- CB Brandon Flowers didn’t record a tackle or a pass defense in his first appearance with the Chargers, but he was flagged for a pass interference call. (Eric D. Williams)
- Third-round pick OL Chris Watt saw time at both right guard and center. (Eric D. Williams)
- HC Gus Bradley mentioned that third-round pick Brandon Linder will probably start at either right guard or center. (John Oesher)
- RB George Winn is getting some “heavy consideration” as he was with the first-team kick coverage and punt return units. (Michael Rothstein)
- Rookie DT Caraun Reid saw plenty of time with the first-team defense on Friday. (Michael Rothstein)
- K Giorgio Tavecchio would be the leader in the Lions’ kicking competition based on how consistent he’s been. (Michael Rothstein)
- The Raiders offensive line didn’t do Matt Schaub any favors last night as he was under duress most of the time and wound up taking some hard hits. (Paul Gutierrez)
- First-round pick Khalil Mack was “invisible” for much of the game, but he did come away with a sack. (Paul Gutierrez)
- CB Keenan Lewis, who suffered an injury during the first half of Friday’s game, would be a “huge loss” as he’s possibly as “hard to replace as anyone outside of [Drew] Brees.” (Mike Triplett)
- Despite some concerns last week, RB Pierre Thomas “has not become the odd man out” in the Saints backfield. (Mike Triplett)
- WR Percy Harvin is expected to make a “huge difference” in the Seahawks offense this year. (Terry Blount)
- DE Michael Bennett was held out of Friday’s preseason game as a precaution measure. (Bob Condotta)
- DEs O’Brien Schofield and Benson Mayowa are battling it out for a roster spot.
- The Titans came away with injuries to backup QB Charlie Whitehurst (throwing hand), Shonn Greene (knee) and RT Michael Oher (arm).