- Second-year WR Mike Evans said he has been exclusively used as the “X” receiver during offseason activities. (Alex Marvez)
- WR Victor Cruz believes he is “81 percent” recovered from the major knee injury he sustained last season.
“Obviously you want to push it and make sure you continue on the path of getting back to 100 percent, but you need your recovery days too,” said Cruz, via Dan Hanzus of NFL.com.
- LT Eugene Monroe says he feels “great” after being hampered by knee and ankle injuries last season.
“It’s a new year and I’m healthy, I feel great,” Monroe said, via Aaron Wilson. “This is probably the best I’ve felt. I’m looking forward to being positive even if situations come up like they did this past season. I’ve been through it and I know how to stay positive and keep pressing on.”
- John Keim of ESPN writes that CB DeAngelo Hall participated in individual and simulated drills on Tuesday, since he is still recovering from an Achilles’ injury he sustained last season.
- Second-round rookie LB Preston Smith has received time with the first-team in place for LB Ryan Kerrigan.
- According to Keim, Duke Ihenacho and Jeron Johnson have been rotating at strong safety.