- Mike Florio writes that Lions WR Calvin Johnson‘s decision to announce that he’s considering retirement is “curious timing” and wonders if this has more to do with his contract situation with the team.
- Florio believes Johnson will be more than willing to return another season for the right price, whether it’s with the Lions or another franchise.
- Jason La Canfora can see the Saints working out a new contract with HC Sean Payton at some point in the near future that would avoid a potential 2017 lame duck situation and further drama.
- Payton told reporters during his press conference that there’s a “good chance” DC Dennis Allen will be back next season. (Larry Holder)
Notable NFL agent Ben Dogra has had his certifcation revoked by NFLPA and received a fine from the union.
The players who comprise the National Football League Players Association’s Committee on Agent Regulations and Discipline (CARD) unanimously voted to impose discipline on Certified Contract Advisor Ben Dogra for violations of the NFLPA Regulations Governing Contract Advisors (“Regulations”). Based on verified information included in a thirty-eight (38) count disciplinary complaint, sworn testimony, and careful review of the evidence, CARD revoked Mr. Ben Dogra’s certification, with a right to re-apply to become a Contract Advisor after three years and a $200,000 fine.
Mr. Dogra has the right to appeal CARD’s discipline before an independent arbitrator. If Mr. Dogra appeals, any discipline is stayed until the appeal process is completed.
- Pro Football Talk implies that there’s at least a chance that the Packers could consider parting ways with HC Mike McCarthy if they lose to the Redskins on Sunday.
- Seahawks HC Pete Carroll announced that RB Marshawn Lynch was a full-go for Wednesday’s practice. (Bob Condotta)