- According to Joel Corry, Panthers QB Cam Newton receives $41 million fully guaranteed at signing for Cam Newton. (Sirius XM NFL Radio)
- The contract will pay Newton $54 million over the first 12 months.
- Corry has Newton’s cap figures as: $13M (2015), $19.5M (2016), $20.166M (2017), $21.5M (2018), $23.2M (2019), & $21.1M (2029).
Jaguars OC Greg Olson indicated that there’s a chance that rookie RB T.J. Yeldon could end up being an “every-down” back for them this season.
“Alabama runs a Pro-Style offense and we were able to see him do things protection-wise and route running-wise and blocking that will translate to this level of football,” Olson said, via the Florida Times Union. “[Playing every down] would be asking a lot of any player. I wouldn’t put it past him. He’s another real self-starter and hard worker.”
- Chiefs ILB Derrick Johnson did not practice on Tuesday due to inflammation in his knee, while DL Dontari Poe left practice early with a back issue. (BJ Kissel)
- Titans are planning for rookie QB Marcus Mariota to take “plenty” of snaps out of shotgun sets this season. (Jim Wyatt)