Home / Panthers / NFL Notes: Cam Newton, Patriots, Ravens & Seahawks
NFL Notes: Cam Newton, Patriots, Ravens & Seahawks
- Jason La Canfora reports that investigations being conducted by the NFL and NFLPA into whether the concussion protocol was applied correctly to Cam Newton in Week 1 are still ongoing.
- La Canfora says that the two sides have not set a date to share their findings with one another.
- The possibility exists that the findings could be turned over to a neutral arbitrator if the NFL and NFLPA do not agree on what took place and whether it warrants any discipline.
- Mike Reiss points out that the Patriots should receive roster exemptions for both QB Tom Brady and DE Rob Ninkovich, who are returning from suspension next week. This means that they could have an extra few days to make roster moves to clear spots for the two returning players.
- Reiss reports that RB Dion Lewis (knee surgery) is operating with optimism that he will be back on the field soon.
- Former Bears director of college scouting Greg Gabriel mentioned during an appearance on “The Tim Graham Show” last week that Chicago actually had the general parameters in place on a 2010 draft-day trade that would have sent TE Greg Olsen to the Patriots for a second-round pick. However, the Patriots never called back and later traded up in the second round to get Rob Gronkowski.
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Ravens are benching starting RB Justin Forsett and going younger in their backfield for today’s game.
- Rapoport expects the Ravens to give Terrance West the start today against the Raiders.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will play Sunday wearing a custom knee brace similar to those worn by players coming off a torn ACL.
- According to Rapoport, it’s possible that Wilson won’t be as mobile as he normally is, but he should be fine from the pocket.
Tags Cam Newton Dion Lewis Greg Olsen Justin Forsett Rob Gronkowski Rob Ninkovich Russell Wilson Terrance West Tom Brady