Joel Corry of CBS Sports takes a look at some notable cap casualties to keep an eye on over the next few months. Corry’s list includes:
- Cowboys QB Tony Romo
- Vikings RB Adrian Peterson
- 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick
- Jets CB Darrelle Revis
- Bills QB Tyrod Taylor
- Bears QB Jay Cutler
- Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles
- Giants WR Victor Cruz
- Jaguars TE Julius Thomas
- Buccaneers RB Doug Martin
- Browns QB Robert Griffin III
- Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart
- Jets C Nick Mangold
- Broncos OT Russell Okung
- Dolphins DE Mario Williams
Corry’s article is a great read and certainly worth your time if you’re interested in each player’s respective situation and cap savings teams could receive by parting ways with the aforementioned players.
- Brad Biggs reports that the Bears have fired OL coach Dave Magazu and safeties coach Sam Garnes.
- During Wednesday’s press conference, Bears HC John Fox announced that both DC Vic Fangio and OC Dowell Loggains will return for the 2017 season. (Jeff Dickerson)
- In regards to the team’s quarterback situation, Bears GM Ryan Pace said: “Everything is on the table.” (Adam Jahns)
- Pace said of impending free agent WR Alshon Jeffery: “I think he’s a good player and that’s a big decision for us.” (Zach Zaidman)
- Ian Rapoport expects the Bears to be “very active” this offseason now that their coaching staff is largely returning for the 2017 season.
- Pace said their expectations for WR Kevin White remain “sky high.” (Brad Biggs)
- Pace said ILB Danny Trevathan (knee) is a candidate to open the 2017 season on the reserve/PUP list. (Rich Campbell)
- Mike Freeman spoke to two AFC assistants who expect Cardinals HC Bruce Arians to retire after the 2017 season. Freeman’s sources insist that he doesn’t want to coach longer than one more year.
- However, Freeman isn’t buying the idea that this will be Arians’ last season in the NFL.
- Adam Caplan reports that the Eagles worked out WR Bryan Burnham on Tuesday.