Jason Fitzgerald of the Sporting News takes a look at some notable players who could end up being cap casualties next year. The players to keep an eye on, according to Fitzgerald, include:
- Broncos QB Peyton Manning
- Bills DE Mario Williams
- Rams DE Chris Long
- Vikings WR Mike Wallace
- Panthers DE Charles Johnson
Fitzgerald’s article includes some other players who could also be released next year, so I recommend heading over there to take a look if you’re interested.
- Adam Caplan reports that while there’s nothing official right now, the expectation from some in scouting community is that Memphis QB Paxton Lynch will wind up declaring for the 2016 draft.
- According to Caplan, Lynch could end up being the No. 1 player taken in 2016 draft, as NFL teams are reportedly “very intrigued with size, athleticism, and arm strength.”
- Caplan adds that the knocks on Lynch from executives are: level of competition, he occasionally loses his accuracy, and misses on throws he should make.
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy said of speaking to his former HC Chip Kelly this weekend: “Chip can’t say shit to me. There’s nothing for us to talk about.” (Tyler Dunne)
- McCoy added: “I don’t dislike him. I don’t have anything against him. There’s nothing for us to talk about. He knows me, knows who I am.” (Tyler Dunne)
- Regarding the possibility of the two shaking hands, McCoy said: “Listen man, Chip can’t shake shit. At all. Nothing. He knows this. …I can read between the lines.” (Tyler Dunne)
- McCoy did, however, say that he’ll talk to players and Eagles owner Jeffery Lurie. (Eliot Shorr-Parks)
- Panthers DE Jared Allen said that he’s taking things one year at a time. (Joe Person)
- Allen also mentioned that he may have to undergo back surgery during the offseason. (Joe Person)