ESPN’s Adam Caplan (Insider) takes a look at some players could be asked to take pay cuts or be released in the coming weeks. According to Caplan, some of the notable players to watch include:
- Bears WR Brandon Marshall ($9.58 million cap figure)
- Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe ($14 million cap figure)
- Chiefs OLB Tamba Hali ($11.97 million cap figure)
- Dolphins WR Mike Wallace ($12.1 million cap figure)
- Eagles DE/OLB Trent Cole ($11.63 million cap figure)
- Lions RB Reggie Bush ($5.28 million cap figure)
- Ravens NT Haloti Ngata ($16 million cap figure)
- Saints WR Marques Colston ($9.7 million cap figure)
- Saints G Jahri Evans ($11 million cap figure)
Wagoner points out that Bradford’s agent, Tom Condon, is responsible for doing what he can to leave his client in the best negotiating position possible, and rumors of a trade or interest from other teams only helps them.
Both Bradford and the Rams have said that they would like to get something done, so odds are they’ll figure something out soon enough.
Despite a report from last week that Australian rugby star Jarryd Hayne had signed with the Lions, his agent, Jack Bechta, said on Tuesday that no decision has been made, but could come later in the week, via Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee.
The Seahawks, 49ers, and Lions are all in the running to sign him.
- Free agent S Devin McCourty said that he doesn’t know if the Patriots plan to use their franchise tag on him, but he added that it wouldn’t be the worst thing. (Karen Guregian)