USA rugby Olympian and Former Lions WR Carlin Isles said he is open to returning to the NFL.
“[The NFL] still lingers in my mind,” Isles said, via Michael Rothstein of ESPN. “But I don’t even know what I’m going to do. I plan on still doing maybe two more Olympics, still do track and maybe do football a little bit.”
Isles had a brief stint on the Lions’ practice squad back in 2013 and signed a futures contract with the team, but elected to leave Detroit to focus on his rugby career.
- According to Mary Kay Cabot, third-round DL Carl Nassib is expected to be ready for Browns’ training camp after missing mandatory minicamp with a calf injury.
- Cabot believes that suspended WR Josh Gordon could be welcomed back to the Browns after he’s eligible to apply for reinstatment on Aug. 1, if HC Hue Jackson determines that Gordon is committed to his career.
- Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ Advance Media believes that seventh-round CB Jalen Mills is a “lock” to make the active roster, while 2015 second-round CB Eric Rowe is a possible trade candidate.
- Regardless, Shorr-Parks does not think the Eagles will cut Rowe.
- Saints DB Keenan Lewis expects to be “ready to go” from hip surgery that landed him on the season-ending injured reserved last year in time for training camp next week. (Kristian Garic)
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN mentions that one of either OT Alejandro Villanueva or OT Ryan Harris could land a starting tackle role.
- In addition to the competition at tackle, Fowler writes the Steelers could potentially have six new full-time starters, including: TE Ladarius Green, FB Roosevelt Nix, S Sean Davis, CB Artie Burns, DT Ran McCullers and OLB Bud Dupree.