NFL Notes: Cardinals, Chargers, Colts & Jets
- Josh Weinfus doesn’t see the Cardinals signing veteran CB Leon Hall, considering that they’ve had plenty of time to get him under contract since he visited Arizona a while ago.
- Weinfuss writes that the additions of OLB Chandler Jones and rookie DL Robert Nkemdiche make it increasingly unlikely the Cardinals will re-sign veteran pass-rusher Dwight Freeney.
- Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times writes that it’s possible NFL owners could guarantee the city of San Diego a Super Bowl if they’re to agree to build a new stadium for the Chargers.
- Farmer adds that it’s unlikely that the league would guarantee a Super Bowl in a specific year, but it would at least offer a window of time for San Diego get another Super Bowl.
- Mike Wells of ESPN isn’t sure that either Arian Foster or Darren Sproles would make that much sense for the Colts, considering that Foster has serious injury/durability concerns and Sproles will be 33 years old this year.
- Wells thinks the Colts need to get younger at running back, especially with Frank Gore in place as their starting running back.
- ESPN’s Rich Cimini mentions that some of the Jets’ draft picks — LB Darron Lee (1st), OLB Jordan Jenkins (3rd) and CB Juston Burris (4th) — indicate a focus on improving their sub defense in 2016.
- Three undrafted free agents worth watching for the Jets are WR/KR Jalin Marshall, S Doug Middleton and DE Lawrence Thomas, according to Cimini. All three of the players received over $10,000 in guaranteed money, which is a good indication that the Jets are rather high on them.
- Interestingly enough, Cimini points out that Jets’ tight ends caught just eight total passes last year.
Tags Chandler Jones Darron Lee Doug Middleton Dwight Freeney Jalin Marshall Jordan Jenkins Juston Burris Lawrence Thomas Leon Hall Robert Nkemdiche