- Josh Weinfuss of ESPN writes that it remains to be seen what position Andre Ellington plays for the Cardinals in 2017, but he should make the 53-man roster no matter where he’s playing.
- The Cardinals have moved Ellington to receiver this summer, but HC Bruce Arians said this week that they’ve had him going back and forth between the wide-receivers room to the running-backs room
- With the emergence of David Johnson as a star running back, the best way for Arizona to get Ellington involved in their offense was to move him to receiver and increase his versatility.
The Kansas City Chiefs announced some personnel staff changes on Friday including:
- Chris Shea – Salary Cap and Legal Executive
- Tim Terry – Director of Pro Personnel.
- Brandt Tilis – Director of Football Administration
- Ryan Poles – Director of College Scouting
- Ryne Nutt – Assistant Director of College Scouting
- Dan Zegers – College Scouting Coordinator
- Jim Noel – Pro Scout
- Daniel Ricci – Player Personnel Assistant
The Saints signed TE Coby Fleener to a five-year, $36 million contract last offseason, but his first year in New Orleans didn’t live up to his contract.
Fleener admitted to reporters on Friday that he could have been better last season.
“I think it absolutely could have been better,” Fleener said, via Nick Underhill of the Advocate. “I would have loved it to be better.”
According to Fleener, the fact that this is his second year in the Saints’ offense should help him be a much more productive player.
“I think anytime you’re trying to learn a new offense, trying to learn a language, trying to learn something of that nature, going through it under pressure, going through it for a year really helps,” Fleener said.