- Mike Jurecki reports that Cardinals tried to trade up last night with the Bengals, but needed to get ahead of the Steelers in order for them take OLB Bud Dupree.
- However, the Bengals elected to take OT Cedric Ogbuehi.
- Stephen Holder mentions that it’s fair to wonder WR Duron Carter makes the 53-man roster following the addition of Phillip Dorsett last night.
- According to Holder, the final receiver spot could come down to Carter or Vincent Brown.
- Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said last night that they’ve yet to make a decision regarding whether or not to pick up the fifth-year option on CB Morris Claiborne’s deal.
- According to Todd Archer, Claiborne is still part of their plans, despite drafting CB Byron Jones last night.
Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff nixed the recent report that the Falcons could trade for Seahawks OLB Bruce Irvin.
“He’s under contract,” Dimitroff said in an interview with 92.9 The Game, via Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I didn’t give it a second thought.”
Panthers GM Dave Gettleman said that their decision to take LB Shaq Thompson in round one won’t have an impact on veteran OLB Thomas Davis‘ future with the team.
“Absolutely not,” Gettleman replied, via Pro Football Talk. “Doesn’t change a thing.”
Gettleman believes Thompson will only enhance their linebacking corps next year.
“He’s going to allow us to put three very fast linebackers on the field,” Gettleman said. “I think he’s going to be a great fit with Thomas and Luke.
“He gives us match-up abilities that we don’t have. There’s some different things we can do with him and we think he’s going to be a terrific fit.”